You’ve booked your airline, reserved the hotel room, and are ready to settle down with a Goombay Smash and swim with the pigs on the pristine beaches of the Bahamas!
Wait – you’re staying in Nassau?!? The legendary swimming pigs make their home on Big Major Cay, which is in the Exuma Cays!
How do you get from Nassau to Exuma? Not to worry, we have the answers for you!
- Take a pig beach excursion from Nassau to Exuma:
- Fly away for the day to Staniel Cay:
- You can hop aboard a small plane to fly to Staniel Cay, and spend the day loafing around the island and catch a ride a short hop over to Big Major to swim with the pigs
- Fly to Georgetown and take a half-day adventure:
- Flights from Nassau to Georgetown are plentiful, including on the national airline Bahamasair and smaller airlines such as SkyBahamas. Once there, you can take a half day trip with one of the many operators, such as Exuma Water Sports, and be back in time for dinner!
- Stay overnight or for the weekend at Grand Isle Resort or Sandals Emerald Bay and experience the friendly Family Island atmosphere!
- Not so interested in the swimming pigs?
- Check out Powerboat Adventures for a top-notch all-inclusive tour to a private island in the northern Exumas!
Featured image from Bahamas.com