The number one thing visitors and locals to The Bahamas want to see is the Swimming Pigs! These unique animals love visitors, and this is the best way to see them from Nassau!
Join us as we zoom through the stunning Exuma Cays, with stops to explore the beauty up close.
Our first stop is to see the Bahamian Rock Iguanas – secluded on their very own island in paradise. From there we head to the main attraction at Big Major Cay (a.k.a. ‘Pig Beach’)– home to the world-famous Swimming Pigs! Enjoy interacting with these guys, feeding them, and listening to them tell tales of being marooned on an island!
Afterwards, the amazing Staniel Cay Yacht Club will whip us up some lunch, and sometimes we’ll see their frequent nurse shark visitors and sting ray friends. Lunch is included in the trip price and food options will be presented at booking.
The day continues by returning to the Northern Exuma Cays, with a brief stop at a beach or sandbank.
The last leg takes you back to Nassau, where the sun setting over the capital of the Bahamas welcomes you back to Nassau Harbour!
Each journey between stops is just over an hour on the unique saddle-style seats of our Parker RIBs.
Tour Length: 8-9 Hours
Departure Point: Bay Street Marina
Safety Briefing: 7:45am
Departure Time: 8:00am*
Return Time: 4:30pm
Adults (Age 12+): $389 (includes lunch)
*Effective July 8th, 2017 all Swimming Pigs Excursions will depart at 8:00am.
All persons must be age 12 and up. Individuals aged 17 and younger will need to be accompanied by an adult/guardian. We regret that this trip is not suitable for expectant mothers, infants or persons with back, knee or neck problems, heart problems or conditions affected by high speed travel. We recommend all participants to be physically fit. Participants must be able to understand basic English.
Price Includes: Chilled, bottled water throughout the day, a light snack, food to feed the Swimming Pigs and lunch at Staniel Cay.
Price & Inclusions
- All prices are in Bahamian dollars & include 7.5% VAT.
- Our booking operator charges in US dollars.
- Lunch at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club is included in each ticket price. The voucher covers 1 main, 1 side and 1 soft drink; as well as 7.5% VAT and 15% Gratuity. A limited menu will be presented at the time of booking. We pre-order lunch in the interest of expediting the process at Staniel Cay.
- Also included: chilled bottled water throughout the day, a light snack, and food to feed the Swimming Pigs.
- Price does not include transportation to/from the dock. Please arrange a taxi with your hotel.
- Snorkeling is not included on this excursion and, due to space constraints, we are unable to take personal snorkel gear on board.
Terms of Travel
- All persons must be age 12 and up.
- Individuals aged 17 and younger will need to be accompanied by an adult/guardian.
- We regret that this trip is not suitable for expectant mothers, infants or persons with back, knee or neck problems, heart problems or conditions affected by high speed travel.
- Participants must be able to understand basic English. English is currently the only language spoken on our tours and it is important that participants fully understand the safety briefing, and be able to respond to emergency commands in the unlikely event they are required during an excursion.
- We recommend all participants to be physically fit.
- This excursion includes physically demanding activities that may not be suitable for various pre-existing medical conditions. If you are uncertain if this applies to you, please contact email@example.com prior to booking.
- We recommend all participants know how to swim.
- A minimum of 6 persons must be booked in order to run this excursion. Smaller parties or individuals are welcome to book, and, in the unlikely event that the quota is not met 24 hours before departure, an alternate trip may be planned or a refund will be issued.
- All departures are weather permitting.
- Where possible, we do our best to reschedule the tour date, as opposed to cancel.
- If we are unable to travel due to weather we will provide you with a full refund.
- We do our best to advise clients of any necessary rescheduling 24-48 hours prior to the planned excursion.
- Our Captain has the final word on weather.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the reserved trip or for no shows.
- Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice will receive a full refund.
- Groups may require a longer cancellation period depending on size. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further.
- If your excursion is canceled, or you are unable to join a rescheduled trip date, we will refund your money in full.
- Due to a strict schedule, and out of respect for other passengers, we are unable to hold the boat any more than 15 minutes for late passengers. No refund will be awarded for late passengers or no-shows.
- Refunds take place as soon as the office verifies it. Depending on your bank, it may take a few business days to appear on your statement.
- Return time is subject to change with respect to events that could possibly occur which are out of our control (weather, equipment failure, etc.).
- This trip is typically not suitable for passengers traveling to Nassau by cruise ship. No half day charter options are available due to the travel distance/time required. We make absolutely NO guarantees that we can hold our boat for you in the morning, nor that we will return in time for you to board your cruise ship.
- We strongly discourage any passengers from joining our excursion if they have travel/flight plans on the same day. If for any reason we return to Nassau later than our scheduled time, we take no responsibility for any travel expenses incurred due to our late return.
- Besides essentials, please pack LIGHT! Storage space on board is minimal.
- Please note, our booking calendar is set in 6 month intervals. You are able to book the current month and as far as 5 months in advance.
- We do not operate your typical Wait List.
- In some cases, you will be notified if there is a cancellation on your desired date. However, cancellations are rare and typically last minute.
- In other cases, we may contact you if we are able to increase capacity or even add a boat to our schedule within your travel window.
- Increasing capacity depends on weather and boat availability. This decision is typically made in the week leading up to a specific date.
- Once you have joined our Wait List, if something becomes available we will attempt to contact you twice. If we receive no response after 2 attempts, we remove you from the Wait List.
- To join our Wait List we request that you provide: your name, the number of persons in your party, your arrival/departure dates and the best way to contact you locally (most likely your email and/or hotel information).